1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Lower back, Sciatica and Neuropathy in hands and feet
Yes I had weakness. My weakness varied from periods of total numbness where I had to sit down, and my coordination was off. I also had periods that were just minor numbness and my coordination was ok. Just remember that if your symptoms go up and go down from one day to the next it is your mind doing that. Nerve damage is consistent. If you damage a nerve it stops conducting impulses. It doesn't all of a sudden improve the next day and your sensation coordination improve. If it was damaged on Monday and you had bad coordination numbness, then on Tuesday improved coordination and less numbness, followed by bad symptoms on Wednesday again, it is mental factors that are triggering your symptoms. Look at people with ALS (motor neuron disease) or diabetic nueropathy. There people have nerve damage, they aren't bad one day and good the next. It's a steady decline. Or another example is someone who has injured a nerve, let's say the radial nerve in the elbow (this happened to steve ozanich in his book). You injure the nerve or pinch it as everyone says, and very quickly the limb goes numb. That limb will stay numb until the pressure is removed from it. When you remove the pressure it will still be numb until the nerve heals where you will then start to get pins and needles back first then full sensation. You don't get a long cycle where the limb has good sensation one day, bad the next, and back to good again.

I don't know your exact circumstances and test results. I do know from experience that anxiety, fear, repressed emotions can cause there symptoms. I had many months of them myself. I also know from a lot of research how nerves work. I also work in a hospital that has a large neurology department. Nerve damage to structural or chemical causes is pretty consistent. Numbness, tingling, loss of coordination to psychosomatic causes is very inconsistent. Regardless of what's causing your symptoms you will benefit greatly from tms work. I know from my own experience that anxiety is toxic to the body and tms work is great for this. No matter what you can improve your symptoms through a calm, clear mind.