1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
New member: thank you for being here.
Well, you have gone and got yourself into a pickle...and quite honestly honey, there is absolutely no need for it. None at all.

Five doctors have told you that you don't have "it", and these people know what they are looking for. My hubby has Parkinson's and over the years I have gotten very good at spotting such woes that afflict the nervous system. Just like those doctors. The signs are unmistakable and if five of them see nothing to worry about then it is time to sink into the surety of this and begin to let those horrible fears go because that is all they are, bogeymen from the past.

You've become well-practiced at creating fear. Now you need to stem the tide and become good at feeling good. Given the momentum you've built up with these bad thoughts and feelings you probably need to pass through a phase of neutrality. This is best achieved through breathwork. No trying to restrain awful thoughts but instead not giving into them and instead breathing in and breathing out. Over and over and over.

I heartily recommend you do this outside. In fact I heartily recommend you spend as much time as you can in Nature. Sunbathe. Moonbathe. Forestbathe. Stargaze. Hug trees. Unyoke from your computer and reconnect with Mother Earth. Most of us spend too much time in cyberspace and in our heads, so much so that we are desperately ungrounded and dissociated from our bodies. It is an act of kindness to yourself to remember you are a flower of Mother Earth.

During these times, muse upon the exquisite qualities you'd like to nurture (to usurp fears dominance). Here are a few to consider: Love, Courage, Gratitude, Grace, Compassion (especially self-compassion), Patience, Kindness, Forgiveness, Generosity, Humility, Faith and Beauty.

All these rest as seeds within the secret garden of your soul, gently waiting for you to rip away the couch grass of fear. We veterans of TMS are truly gardeners of the soul. We weed, we seed, we feed and water goodness and well-being. It's time to don your wellies*, pick up your spade and pull those fears out at the root. Make a big smoky bonfire and chuck every last fear upon it. Roast some marshmallows and bask in your health. This is just TMS doing what TMS does. Nothing more.

Welcome to our humble abode m'dear.

Plum x

*A Brit thing? Wellies = Wellington boots.