1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Your Beliefs and Healing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

See tms is part of the imagination phenomena that works perfect too, again we have to believe all the way and in time we will change. I often would feel pain in my shoulder for years and years from what the Doctors said was a rotator cuff tear and others said frozen shoulder. When I imagined that my shoulder was healed and fine and stopped all the direct focus, fear thoughts to it -- within weeks I had power back over that part of my body again and with no pain. Now you tell me if the power of imagination works.

You only have to relax and imagine that part of your body in pain healing in your minds eye, like a knee that hurts for instant. You can imagine the knee being totally perfect, no defect or you can imagine healing fluids like lymph and white blood cells and oxygen going to all parts of your body while you do imaging and breathing and actually see these toxin fighters and trash removers and also muscle fixers doing their job.

Think about it, when you’re sick, that means your immune system has dropped and it is being attacked by something that usually would never affect you. Well when you imagine the white blood cells fighting off any pain or illness -- your body will actually start to fight off the illness and pain at this exact time. It’s not a fairy tale any longer, its truth.

This has also been for the anxiety I've had to deal with and I've imagined seeing myself free from all anxiety and living life to the full filled with strength and vigor, although it tarry -- wait for it as the good book says and I did.

Over and over when I believed I started to heal, slowly but surely. It was not a wish, it was a belief. We have to see in our imagination how we want to be if we ever want to get to our destination for the Bible says my people die without a vision.

If you can see what you want, and see yourself getting it no matter how dire the consequences you will achieve it -- you can attain whatever you set your heart too. I love the way Dr. Wayne Dyer Says “I’ll see it when I believe it”.

God Does Not Want You To Be in Pain -- Eric Watson , Walter Olesky. 2014

Kizaa, G.R., Mermaid and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ales

Ales New Member

Outstanding post Eric. Congrats for your's and Walt's book. You simply have to believe it and that's it. Also Dr. Lissa Rankin says we have to believe and accept that our bodies have all necessary mechanisms to heal and we activate this same mechanisms by believing.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ales. I've never known anyone from Slovenija. My father's parents came from the Ukraine and
    my mother was born in Austria in a village in the Tyrol. I visited there when I was in the US Army
    some years ago. My brother married a girl of Slovak descent. It's a small world.

You got it right about believing pain is from TMS repressed emotions or our personality.
    You didn't say you are in pain or have healed from it.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thank You so much Ales, Yes Lissa Rankin is a favorite author of mine. She does have a lot to say about the mind and healing. Thats the main part, if you believe it you will achieve it. How have you been doing? I appreciate your compliments on my book. Walt has been a huge help in writing the book for sure cause his lessons are as potent as anything i have ever read. Two story's in one.

:)Yes we activate the healing mechanism when we believe. Ain't that the coolest concept science has ever proven, love it.:)

5. Ales

Ales New Member

Hi Walt! I wrote my short story in http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/with-a-little-huge-help-from-my-friend-s.2736/. Yes it's a small world indeed. I see you know something about Slovenija. We should make one big international TMS meeting to see eachother, to feel the power of healing. It's a great pleasure reading you. You know Walt, your posts made a huge contribution to my healing.

I'm doing great Eric, thanks. I'm grateful to you too for great posts.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Ales, I will read your short story later today and really appreciate knowing that my posts and Eric's helped you.
    I love your "tough guy" photo. You look like you could make one of those "Spaghetti westerns" like Clint Eastwood made.
    They were lots of fun.

I forgot what line of work you're in, and are you married or single, and what do you like to do outside of TMS healing?

7. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Herbie, Visualization!!!! Yes!!! Believe you are being healed regardless of the symptoms. I believe God gave
    us an imagination to visualize ourself whole and healed.

I know this works. I remember I had three long flight of stairs outside to get to the parking lot
    to my building. I used visualization and before I knew it I was climbing the three flights of
    steps without pain. It was so encouraging.

8. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Thanks for the post Herbie -
    I still feel like I'm falling short in this department. Even though I had a great imagination when I was young, I seem to have a hard time activating it. I think I should do some free writing about life without pain so I can start visualizing in more details how I move, get in and out of cars without pain. Is yours and Walt's book available yet?

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

GR, using visualizing to climb those stairs worked for you, that's great!

nowtimecoach, I made some changes in the book so I had to go through a publishing process again.
    It should be available in a few days in both paperback from amazon.books and in Kindle.

I told Annie to bite me in the ass if I make anymore changes. She said she would.

10. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

walt - Good to hear! Good thing editing a book isn't like remodeling a house where every time you make a change - you have to pay for a change order! ha-ha Then again it might be the perfect thing for a writer!!

11. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Now you feel the power of visualizations. Your doing great GR. Now just keep adding and working the tools.
    You are doing great, I'm so excited about your break through. Wow - Bless you

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yes when you start to do the free writing you will be able to visualize better nowtimecoach, that was a very good thought line. And also you can imagine how a time felt and then sounded and you will then begin to see it in your minds eye or if you pretend that you see a visualization and its happenings like GR saw her self walking the stairs -- well you can pretend that you see yourself doing all the things you want to do whole and healthy and healed and you should be able to pull that off.

As with all the other great tools you will have some lag time till you get better and better at it then sometimes we just pick right up to it. either way it works fine if you see what you want to see and how you want it to play out and while feeling it emotionally as if its already done, then you should have some great success. I do it all the time and it works every time. I first got used to it as I was healing. The lessons we learn as children are not all useless. In fact the more we can become like little children with their excitement and happiness and belief the more we will be closer to our own success stories.
    Bless you

nowtimecoach likes this.