1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 You must be 100% convinced it's TMS to make a full recovery

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mountain Girl, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Mountain Girl

Mountain Girl Peer Supporter

Day 3 has been all over the map. My feet were hurting and I was extremely stressed about work-related issues...In addition, the smoke from looming wildfires has been so extreme today that I can't even see the surrounding mountains or even the houses in my neighborhood. Needless to say, the stress of this summer's fires was just too much today. It finally got under my skin and took hold of me in the form of fear and sadness on a primal level. And so my feet were hurting, both of them, but at a certain point I thought to myself: Yep, I'm super stressed and so my feet are hurting, but I don't even care. I just don't want my house to burn down. I don't want my hometown to burn down.

I took my dog and a friend's dog down to the beach despite the intense smoke and forgot about my feet. And here I am, back at home, pain-free.

I am now 100% convinced that TMS is the cause. For so long, it seemed like I was 99% convinced. Then 99.5% convinced. And even 99.9% convinced. But until I finally hit 100%, I knew I would not get better. You have to believe, both intellectually and in your gut, that the pain is TMS. Until you do, the symptoms will find a way in through that little crack of doubt. But today, I truly feel like I hit the 100% convinced mark.

I know there will be times of doubt and fear, but it feels great to finally hit that mark. It reminds me that I can do it again, and again, and again, until it finally sticks for good.

I have vibrant health!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    srton and Lily Rose like this.
  2. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

Yes!! Love it! Best wishes dealing with those fires in your area.