1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Book 'You Can Heal Your Life' by Louise Hay

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Nattycakes, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Nattycakes

Nattycakes Peer Supporter

This isn't exactly a 'TMS' book officially.. But I'm surprised I don't see it here yet! So good! Louise Hay cured herself from cancer by doing the same TMS work. (Which btw even Dr. Sarno says that heart disease and cancer are TMS).. She punched pillows, did therapy, and learned how to love herself. With this book she will teach you techniques on how to love and be kind to yourself..

We are our own worst critics! We are so hard on ourselves. We need to learn how to be happy with ourselves as we are NOW. We need to forgive ourselves of things that we've done and not done, and learn to let go. She helps you learn how to train your mind with love and positivity. This is a book I say you don't want to miss out on! It's wonderful! I love that woman!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Nattycakes, you recommend Louise Hay's book and you are right on.
    I learned about her while writing my TMS book with Herbie:
    God Does Not Want You to Be In Pain.

We write: "Louise Hay, considered to be the 'mother of positive thinking,' writes about the healing powers of
    the Law of Attraction in her books and has spoken about it on the Oprah Show and others.
    Says Hay, 'The Law of Attraction is that our thinking creates and brings to us whatever we think about.
    It's as though every time we think a thought, every time we speak a word, the universe is listening
    and responding to us.'
    "''Hay suggests some positive affirmations in applying the Law of Attraction that make you feel good about yourself,
    such as 'I love who I am. I love life. Life loves me. It's going to be smooth and easy. Life works for me.'
    Then, she says, you just start doing that. "It's like planting seeds. You're not going to get it the first day,
    but you plant a seed and you water it and you continue the affirmations, and things start to shift and change in your life.'"

I find her advice helpful in falling to sleep. If my mind is busy with worry or thoughts of what I have to do the next day,
    I go to bed and practice deep breathing and then visualizing myself in a peaceful setting, then tell myself some
    calming affirmations like "I feel good. I feel calm and peaceful. I am ready to go to sleep. I feel myself falling asleep."
    Deep breathing slowly with each affirmation lulls me off and before I realize it, I'm asleep.

It works the same for reducing stress or pain, training our mind with love and positive thoughts.