1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 You are broken

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MisterWoo, Nov 6, 2021.

1. MisterWoo

MisterWoo New Member

I had a few docs over the past 2 years.
    After my surgery, I got a text message from my doc saying: I don't know what else to do.

Last week my neurologist told me that I am broken and I cant be fixed anymore. I immediately thought that he can screw himself and that I am not broken and he will see.
    That's when my motivation and drive kicked in. On the same day I found the TMS Forum.
    I'll surf, walk, bike and live again.

Lets go

tmstraveler and plum like this.
  2. NCGal

NCGal New Member

Freakin’ great attitude! “can’t” is a great motivator. I’m glad, though, that he admitted he cannot help and didn’t try to send you through a maze of more tests and surgery.

tmstraveler, MisterWoo and plum like this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with @NCGal, this is the spirit that you need. I’m delighted that you found our forum.

Many many years ago, long before I knew of Sarno, I met a gentleman who used to frequent the bookstore I worked in. One day he told me his story which was basically that he’d endured some illness and medical mishap (I forget the details) and that he’d been told by his consultant that he would never walk again. He vowed to prove this man wrong. Some time later he made an appointment with the consultant, walked in, and informed the nocebo-wielding doctor how utterly wrong he was because true enough he was completely healed. That must have been a classic moment.

tmstraveler and MisterWoo like this.
  4. MisterWoo

MisterWoo New Member

Thanks for the encouraging words and stories!

tmstraveler likes this.
  5. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

My aunt (a devout Buddhist) has been counted out by doctors time and time again. She was hit by a bus and our family was told that the clot in her brain would render her brain dead. She recovered completely. Just recently, she had another issue where her body was on fire and the doctors were once again baffled. Nerve pain everywhere. The bed felt like sandpaper. She overcame that too.

The medical world is wrong as often as it’s right, so don’t take it to heart. Everyone here has been told something shitty by a doctor or multiple doctors. If they can’t fix it with a pill or a procedure they want nothing to do with it. But that’s such a limited view of healing and what’s possible.

Welcome. You got this!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    plum likes this.
  6. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, you will. I had the same experience with a surgeon and a chronic pain center...then I read the first few pages of "Healing Back Pain" and decided what you have...and I did. Very soon.

..and just to be a d**k I rode my bike the 7 miles to the Chronic pain place and did a Brody right in front of my therapist...about a month after I had been there in agony...100% pain free.

There was a healthy dose of "F**k you" anger aimed at my doctors and that is OK. That is fuel for focus and reflection if you catch yourself focusing on the body...it's a win-win.

plum, MisterWoo and tmstraveler like this.
  7. MisterWoo

MisterWoo New Member

lol, good one. I like that. Thank you!
    On to Day 7 :D

8. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

It does well to remember that there isn’t a doctor on the face of the earth who can heal us, at best they help us to engage with our own self-healing, which brings us full circle to the ethos we embrace here. Self-healing is as natural as sunlight, an innate intelligence that we too easily forget we possess.

MisterWoo, tmstraveler and Ellen like this.