1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

You’re Wrong...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Tms_joe, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

...about just about everything. Your approach to life is wrong. Your understanding of “how the world works” is wrong.

Do you disagree? Well, you’re wrong about that too. Not only that, the part of you that will not accept this information is the top cause of your pain.

It’s also the same part of you that inflicts the pain.

In addition, you are not “trying this approach.” You will be free of your pain soon when you “know” it’s needless and caused by factors that do not define you.

Think of it this way. Think of a political issue you are extremely passionate about. Abortion, social justice, fiscal policy, etc. The stuff people fight wars over. Think about the polar opposite opinion on this issue. What if someone slapped you in the face with irrefutable evidence that the counter argument is actually FACT? The person who immediately digests that while understanding any heartache over it, is a bunch of nonsense is the same person who transmutes their TMS pain through very similar acceptance. All the diatribes on here about “my story” (including mine) are opinions held that are currently wrong. It’s a wrong understanding of the big picture. It’s a person throwing water out of the boat with a bucket bc he doesn’t realize the rain will NEVER end. A different approach is needed.

JanAtheCPA, backhand, tgirl and 2 others like this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

and part of the 'You're wrong' is believing that your passion about it means anything as regards the resolution of the problem...or the lack of a resolution.
    Just like most people with back/neck/body problems show up here waaaay over informed about the mechanics of the 'medieval structural model' , learning a lot about TMS won't cure you....you better learn a lot more about your own innards and life and elephants camped out in your living room....THAT is learning about TMS.

As I just 'shared' with someone, until you hit bottom with your own idea's about how stuff is supposed to unfold, you'll keep living that 'wrong' story Tms_joe is speaking of...no matter how many TMS doctors you know

great post

backhand, Balsa11 and tgirl like this.
  3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

What happens when the pain of being wrong is too unbearable? What about oscillating between the two?

4. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

Nothing is unbearable. Nothing.

This is your mind strategizing about how your story is different. It is not. Sorry to be blunt. Not sure how else to be clear.

If you’re educated enough on TMS to start looking into the nuances of it, you are wasting your time seeking for what has already been found. You’ll could reread the basics for a more solid understanding of them or just shift into being aware of what’s going on with your self from a 3rd person point of view. This is needed bc you will begin to see the TMS patterns within you. That coupled with your solid understanding of the toxicity of those behaviors will make you new again.

JanAtheCPA, Baseball65 and backhand like this.
  5. Miller

Miller Peer Supporter

Hey @Tms_joe ... great post. Did you see my private message?

I've come such a long way but I'm still "managing" my symptoms and life instead of transcending my old story for a new one - if that makes sense. I don't want to keep putting pressure on myself as I know this isn't helpful but after a decade of believing there was something wrong with me... it's hard to just say it was an an illusion so to speak

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This is your brain on TMS.

Ultimately, it's a choice to believe that something is "unbearable". I'm happy to admit that this is easy for me to say. Choosing to do battle with your TMS brain, and ultimately winning that battle, are not easy.

However, you can't even engage in this battle until you accept that your choice of thoughts IS nonetheless a choice.