1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Would love some opinions on my situation

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jake1993, Mar 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. jake1993

jake1993 New Member

I have a lot of issues I deal with on a daily basis.

It's been about two years overall so I will be as concise as possible. I would love to hear people's opinion on if this is TMS or not.

Lower limbs:

Shin splints: This all started when I started running in the Fall of 2019. I wanted to turn my life around and I started running long miles for about three weeks when I got some sudden stinging pain in my ankle.

I basically sat and iced what I thought was a small ankle sprain. 6 months later it still hadn't healed.

Anytime I would stand up I would get a shocking sensation up the medial side of my shin/front of my ankle. My peroneals gave me a sharp pain as well and my tibialis anterior is perpetually tight.

The sitting up and always getting an electrical shock up my leg is the one that scares me to death. I know TMS people talk about you get what you expect in terms of pain symptoms but it ruins my everyday life. Sitting down always follows with my nervous getting up expected that shock of nerves going up my leg.

I have tried all sorts of acupuncture, massage therapy, chiro, etc. None of them really work.

As for other parts of my body.

My tricep and forearms on my left arm are the biggest issue. My PT labeled it as carpal tunnel. Another said golfers elbow, chiro said tennis elbow and massage therapist suggested tricep tendonitis.

The tricep one is weird as it will get a stinging sensation in certain positions. Not so much when I lift or do tricep workouts but when I lean against something. It is so bizarre and random, which makes it scary. The forearm tightness is never ending. Even holding a bowl with my left hand is enough to get the forearm pump as if i just did a full bicep workout.

Do you think this is TMS?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Probably. what was going on in your life when all of this began?