1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Worsening menstruation pain - TMS at work?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Misha, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I am wondering if I could get your options and if you would share your related experiences.

I have read on the forum that some women find their symptoms (whatever they are) get worse during their period?

I have had pelvic pain for 10 months now. During the first two months, the main particular pain I have in one spot was actually better during my period but over the last few months it has been considerably worse. (My period pain in general, always annoying but manageable with just a few pain killers for the first couple of days, then not much of an issue) is also getting worse.

This concerns me because some of the doctors I saw said Endometriosis was my issue even though a lap operation showed only minor amounts not thought particularly relevant by some doctors and others said it's possible to have 'hidden pockets' of the disease that are hard to detect. I rejected this, and some of the other doctors did too (I had a lot of conflicting opinions) because I didn't have the heavy bleeding and severe pain characteristic in those cases.

So now, that my period pain is worsening, fitting more and more into that diagnosis, it is hard not to wonder if this was correct after all.

But at the same time I wonder if it is possible that this is just TMS using the situation and causing this extra pain? Could TMS work in this way?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated :)

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Sara (I love your name),

A wise older woman once told me that any symptoms which arose premenstrually were the culmination of any and all issues we stuffed down during our daily lives. During this point in our cycle our emotional self would break through and express itself through a range of psychological and physical symptoms. If we are astute we can embrace these signs and use them transformatively.

Sadly our culture has not only pathologised all natural feminine bodily processes, it has also done its best to iron them out. In our mechanised society there is no room or tolerance for gentle, cyclic and receptive life. Everything from our monthly cycle through to menopause is stigmatised and most horrifying of all, if the doctors cannot use drugs to nuke our bodies into quiescence they will resort to surgery. They will cut out the offending organ. I firmly believe generations to come will look back aghast at such butchery and see it for the ignorant, arrogant abuse that it is.

I would invite you to refrain from black and white thinking here and instead see how women are ecosystems. We are not bound by our bodies but freed by them when we give them their natural life. Women ebb and flow. This is as it should be.

Your symptoms could be tms and whether they are or not it would do well to tune into yourself at this time. Perhaps journalling will help gift you with some insight particularly if you document your cycle and *symptoms* at the same time. Look for patterns and clues. Delve deep and be of brave heart.

There is no stark choice between medicine and tms. I shall never understand why people insist on one or the other when a wealth of sane and sage choices rest between. The world is full of wise women who know that attuning to Nature and her bounty leads to a very graceful and gentle healing path. Our hormones can be disregulated and herbs (such as vitex agnus castus) have been used for centuries to help balance this. You can employ natural remedies whilst following tms protocol. Indeed our bodies are often yearning for basic primal necessities; movement, fresh air, real food, genuine friends, skin-on-skin, laughter. Attend to these and most things right themselves given time.

Blessing to you.

3. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

T
    Thank you for your thoughtful reply :)

You are so right. I was thinking the other day about how many women seem to be having hysterectomies. This can not possibly be necessary and reflects the tendency to 'cut out' any part of our body that doesn't behave the way we are told it should. I've long felt when it came to cycles that each woman can have her own 'normal' yet we tend to designate one normal then everything else as abnormal. Self-kindness and doing what feels right for your body is always wise :)

plum likes this.