1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Worry, Stress and Anxiety, Explained

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Feb 28, 2020.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

I know what you mean, Jamal. My sister has been diagnosed recently with depression, too... Sometimes, it helps if the patient wants to help themselves

3. chriss spector

chriss spector Newcomer

Have you ever read Anderson's new book??

This book helped me look at my own issues with more perspective and objectivity. I agree with the author and how there are a lot of self-help books that just tell that “you that you can do it” or “appreciate what you have” so on and so forth. Anyone could write those kinds of books that look all nice and pretty without anything that actually GIVES. But this book actually teaches you step by step what you need to do, especially how to relax your nerves and anxiety levels which was CRUCIAL for me. This is a must-read.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085RF9P5...ing+emotional+stability&qid=1583928053&sr=8-1

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Who are you, @chriss spector? We don't know you. Probably because you joined yesterday. And you have two posts, both of them promoting, I assume, this book (your other post was edited so I can't tell for sure). Huh.

I'll just point out that if you knew anything about what we do here, you would know that the very last thing that Dr. Sarno promoted is mindless positivism. Not what this work is about, not even close.

Anyone else?

BTW, anyone can "Report" questionable content. But for now, I'm interested to see what others think. Don't put too much time into it - it all might disappear.

Forest, yb44 and Dorado like this.