1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

working the program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hoguet, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Hoguet

Hoguet New Member

Hi guys--Im new and really working the program hard, (but not too hard, bc that is wrong too), I read the the Treatment Chapter every day and then journal for 10 minutes. I really try to record my dreams. Does anyone else have a hard time exercising through their pain? I am trying to walk and swim but it sure does get tricky when the pain kicks in and then I want to lie around until the pain goes away, instead of waking up the next morning and doing my walk and swim.

2. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Hi Hoguet. Great question, I'd love to hear others' responses too.

I'm copying BloodMoon's response to a similar question I had in another thread
    I was reading an old post in another thread by fellow forum member @Andy B who advised the following about exercise/pushing through the pain: "...I would say that some people push through, and others add activity when there is less pain. Both systems seem to work, based on my observing stories here for a long time." To me this observation of others' success stories is heartening - I've decided to gradually add activity when there's less pain, but still move around as much as I can - without pushing myself and overdoing it - at other times.​

I take this to mean that we each have to figure out our unique relationship to how we navigate the pain. I'm figuring this out myself too!

3. Hoguet

Hoguet New Member

okay that helps --now the trick is to figure out what "overdoing it is..."

4. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member