1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 working it

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by deborah a burns, Oct 17, 2012.

1. deborah a burns

deborah a burns Peer Supporter

A few events that I would consider life changing for me in regards to fear. I won't share all the details but, here goes. "@ 8-9-10 yo I recall being choked. (at home by an adult). I thought I would die. I have no recollection of what happened afterwards like did I go to see a doctor? I do remember I would have pain in my hips and couldn't walk off and on. I also remember being in a casket awake looking out of a small window in it. I'm not doing this on my own, I'm in therapy with a good therapist.

Fast forward to the present. Someone wrote about being attentive the the inner child or self whatever you want to call it. It's important for me to stay on track with SEP because it's a commitment to my self and my small self to be free of old patterns that keep me locked in painful episodes and the FEAR that it will return. I could easily blow it off. It seems like now is the time.