1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 Work relationships

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MKMissy, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MKMissy

MKMissy New Member

I discovered that most of my current stress is caused by extreme annoyance with, and sometimes feeling threatened by, certain colleagues I'm sitting with all day! Actually recognising and acknowledging this to myself has helped in at least beginning to take some measures to minimise the symptoms. I also had a one to one with my dept head this week, which was good timing as the last time was just after I'd been told the MRI showed a bulging disc in my thoracic spine, and my back pain had increased considerably, so I was moaning to him that someone had adjusted my chair and I couldn't get it comfortable now! This time I updated him that I'd done a lot of research since then and said I now believed the pain was stress induced. He completely understood and said about his stress increasing since he joined our team, and how he now does mindful meditation to help. It was great, as we've both got a better understanding of each other, and I think we were both encouraged by our conversation. I realise I'm blessed to be working with supportive managers :)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again. This is great, MKMissy. Your new understanding with your department head will help you a lot, and it must be a comfort to know he recognizes that stress can cause physical pain. I hope you can find some relief from dealing with those troublesome colleagues. They probably have TMS, too.