1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

WORDS OF TMS WISDOM FROM HERBIE

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Oct 23, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

WORDS OF TMS HEALING WISDOM FROM HERBIE

This deserves sharing by us all. From Herbie, a frequent contributor to TMSWiki.org/forum:

I had lost all my friendships and basically all my goals and life enjoyment due to TMS
    Although TMS wasn't trying to get me to give up, it was trying to get me to get back to living life, ya know

I was in terrible body pain and didn't want anyone seeing me the way I was. Heck, I was always the jock, the guy that always had things under control, and now I was stuck in bed with extreme pain, barley able to roll over.

So I started to understand that I had to get back into a relationship with life. I started making it a habit to focus on getting better instead of thinking I was going to be like this, in pain the rest of my life.

I read hope and inspiration thoughts and blogs every day, and that would give me the power to visualize myself back living life and seeing myself as an “overcomer” again. I could overcome any adversity, pain included.

Doctors said anything like Dr. Sarno’s TMS theory of pain coming from a repressed emotion and not a structural cause would be of no use. But I knew in my heart that nothing can stop us from getting what we want in life, even disabilities and pain or fear.

I started the SEP (Structured Education Program on the TMSWiki forum) and journaled a lot, asking more questions than I can remember. I learned a lot of really good things that compelled me to keep moving forward and in five months I was almost like new again with my hope and enthusiasm back.

See, I visualized who I am now. I saw myself exercising and having fun, enjoying life. I felt the visualization emotionally as well, in every fiber of my being. I used affirmations like “I’m calm, relaxed, patient and confident.”

Then I started walking for like two minutes at a time until I could walk farther. Then I tossed horse shoes with like 15 foot throws and soon I was throwing them so they hit the post, or came close to it.

The moral of my story is, I had to get started in my mind first. I had to see myself back on my feet and enjoying life in my mind. Then what I visualized and felt emotionally came to pass.

A famous psychologist, Milton Erickson, was paralyzed and in a body cast for two years. He would imagine his body moving and doing all the things he always used to do for enjoyment. Soon he was out of the body cast and moving as normal as anyone. As normal as he’d visualized himself to be.

Your mind has powerful effects on your body and well-being, as you already know.

So remember, everything we do or think or feel emotionally is making an affirmation to our unconscious mind that that's what we want in life.

Send out signals to your body through your mind of your visualizations, seeing yourself fully out of pain and happy.

Make this so real that you feel it to be real right now. Not some day. Right now!

Then you will begin to change the way your mind’s signals are being interpreted, effecting a cure through the power of your thoughts. "The power of positive thinking."

Think the way you want to be. After 21 days or so this thinking will become habit. When you start to see it and feel it as it's true, even though it’s not yet, it won't be long and you will be seeing life totally free of anxiety, stress, anger, rage, pain.

Bless you.

-- Herbie in Silver Creek, Georgia, where the sun is always shining, at least inside.

TrustIt likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Right now! Think the way you want to be.

This is it Walt- thanks
    Most time when im writing ill write from my unconscious - that means
    Im totally in the now and just flowing, at this time it seems like the perfect answers come.

This is a good post and thanks for running it for me, that means a lot to me friend.
    This forum means a lot to me.
    I see heart and soul, I see people with real hurts and pain
    I know there hurting and depressed, I know there afraid and angry.

I also see the Hope and Cures, the dedication and winning-
    The overcomers and conquerors.
    The courage to finally win the battle is upon them and they get the armor-
    they fight the good fight and walk their journey seemingly always coming out the victor.
    We don't have to be nothing other than what life's purpose has called us to be ya know.

I was there just like you and so many others.
    Thanks for believing in me.
    That's life's purpose, to finally love life and folks that love you for your blessings.
    Thanks

TrustIt likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're helping so many people with your replies. We both are.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Walt-
    and your post are helping too.
    your a great person Walt
    Thanks for all you do Pal
    Bless you