1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Wim Hof method

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Joe123x, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Joe123x

Joe123x New Member

Wim Hof is an exceptional man, daredevil, and holder of 21 world records. Many involving pushing his body and mind to the furthest limits.

He has learned to use breathing, cold showers, and the idea of belief to bring about great physiological changes. His method has been confirmed by several scientific studies through out the recent years.

The breathing technique involves breathing in fully and letting go of the air, then again, again, about 50 times until your body is tingling with vibration due to the body having increased oxygen levels.

Then you sit in the cold. Cold shower preferably. It trains the cardiovascular system and the system that flows blood aroubd the body. All 20,000km of it.

The belief is the most important part. He really stresses not forcing, just letting go and believing.

Look up wim hof method in Google and it will all come right up.

His method has been known to help numbers of people with all sorts of diseases and conditions. Lots of autoimmune diseases, etc. It effects many systems of the body positively, one being are autonomic nervous system.

My question is do you guys see this in the TMS tool box? All questions, comments, and criticism is welcomed.

Personally, it helps me a lot. It is a daily discipline that connects me to the deepest parts of my physiology. I feel the increased o2 levels help me with energy and pain reception. I do not feel pain after. At all actually. For quite some time. I use my mind to move around the o2 in my body, to the spots of blockage. It is quite an amazing technique that I think everyone should try.

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Joe123x likes this.