1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Why not some good self talk

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

We start from birth and as we grow we learn hurtful things, we learn crazy things. We learn from our brothers and sisters and parents. When were children we have this id part of our thinking. It’s in total control of our minds. We cry and beat and bang then get a slap on the arm and finally our reward. We don’t know everything isn’t ours. So we go in this circle of cry, slap, and reward- soon enough were conditioned to think if I cry and beat then bang, take a few slaps I’m finally going to get what I want. Remind you of some folks. Well that’s conditioning and it’s the same way that you’ve learned to think negative and be in pain. You just don’t believe if you do this for what ever amount of days it takes that you’ll heal if you put all your heart there. Well why not some good self talk for some good emotions -everything else in the world is programmed after 30 days or so- . Huh?

suzanne straub and BruceMC like this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Thirty days to be programmed is about right, Eric. But deprogramming and deconditioning? That could take a whole lifetime unless you approach the problem with compassion, insight and right knowledge. Heck, in this world a whole lot of people never bring those three things together and keep reenacting time-worn dramas they picked up kicking and scratching and biting with their siblings, parents and relations. Yes, that's what's needed: some good self-talk for some good emotions. Nice post!

eric watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

thanks BruceMC, good to hear from ya - yea the conditioning is a whirlwind at times
    i remeber when i first started the tms therapy and my shoulder had been hurting for like 24 yrs
    it was like a book cure ya know- i told it to stop hurting and it did
    it blew me away- talk about talking to the storm
    but the other pains i have mentioned in my bio- like the back pain for instance
    the drs had me wondering if i could even walk anymore ya know
    id sleep with pillows under my legs and watch the bending
    all the basic and extensive critria were exposed too over the net and all.
    then i had to break conditioning to each and everything i did or ever heard
    but i know the strategys so number 1 rule i pay it no attention
    i mentioned about the conditioning first in my bio,
    how after i healed the conditioning was still there
    ive broke it but heres the kicker- i know if i ever go back to that negative focus
    its just a step back- so thanks Bruce for bringing up the conditioning- its very important
    that we reprogram our focus to the cure.