1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Why does my pain come and go?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jwiles, Aug 8, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

I've been studying TMS for almost a month now. For the first three weeks i saw a lot of improvement and returned to a lot activities. The last week hasn't been so good though. A day or two of not much pain. But the rest of the week just same old shifting pain. Is this common for a lot of people? for pain to reduce and come back on and off in their progress/recovery?

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh yeah.... ! Pain does everything it an to try to make you take notice. I have been 95% better for over two years, but recently have had pain every day and night. It has appeared in my ankle, my shoulders, neck and back. I have consistently 'TMSed' it - and sent it away, but several times it has persisted for hours or kept reappearing. The proof tho - is that I am not in pain now, I was not in pain whilst rendering a wall, and I was not in pain at 9pm last night when I had to stack a few hundred bricks out ready for the builders! When I was distracted by activity and in a rush to get things done - or when I was caught up in the act of rendering - NO PAIN! So therefore it was TMS pain and not any real pain. So it can beggar off again and let me get on with my life! I will of course examine my emotional and psychological processes of the last few days to see what has triggered the pain. I won't have to look far - there are family problems brewing.... usually the cause...

Boston Redsox likes this.