1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Whole body aches, dizziness, lethargy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by moodswingwhiskey, Jul 26, 2020.

1. moodswingwhiskey

moodswingwhiskey New Member

Hello, everyone.

Haven’t been on here in quite some time. I was diagnosed with TMS several years ago for left arm and hand pain/numbness.

I am here for a new and different reason looking for possible answers. Let me preface this by saying I have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow to discuss this.

For the past week I have been feeling whole body aches (feels like a combination of burning pain along with aches like someone has punched me all over) combined with mild dizziness and general lethargy. In other words: something’s off. No fever. Appetite is ok (mild nausea on occasion). The only episode that I could possibly connect that triggered this was I had a cup and a half of very caffeinated coffee the day or two before these symptoms showed up. I should have known better since I am sensitive to caffeine (heart palpitations, chest tightness, increased anxiety). I had a particularly bad reaction this time around and had trouble finishing my morning walk. Strong symptoms lasted most of that day and subsided the following day. Then, very soon after these body aches, dizziness, lethargy symptoms showed up. Of course my first thought was (and still is to a degree) COVID-19. I admittedly almost immediately catastrophize most episodes of any discomfort. As I wait for my appointment tomorrow, it dawned on me that perhaps this is a manifestation of TMS.

Curious to hear if anyone has experienced similar symptoms that were determined to be TMS. I know ruling out other things will help with this as well.