1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Who all journaled in their healing process

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by dharn999, Mar 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

I tried mediation for a bit, and I need to do it post workouts when I am not hurting to clear my head before I start my day. But I’ve said this in the past and life gets to going and you grind through it and never think about what’s going on

honestly I am kind of having an epiphany lately on communicating to my unconscious for the first time and what it really means. Since I had a book cure basically the first time and only journaled like 3 times I believed that I was good from there on out, the second time I tried journaling again but did it really out of conscious anger, I never looked at things through the unconscious lens and perspective to see what rage was being built deep down. The first time I really just believed and eliminated my fear, I didn’t address what caused it, the next time I tried that method and in time (a whole year of pain) it faded because my unconscious just saw that I knew what it was doing, now that I’m finally grasping what the unconscious means in terms of why it would be angry I’ve been feeling a lot better mentally and physically...

Initially my strategy was to ignore the pain since it was harmless, but doing that is ignoring that unconscious rage, I’m time it would give up that fight but it’s wanting to be heard, it’s sensing something wrong, I’ve been able to communicate to it finally a little more effectively I feel, and I read somewhere Sarno mention try to connect to the unconscious as if it was your inner child. I have a 3 year old and I get what angers her so I can start to see what my inner 3 year old would be angry about as of late. Like I said, I don’t think I really understood what journaling was for or how to really do it in the past

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you've done a great job in this thread of describing what makes journaling productive or not. You have to go deep.

3. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

This is a lifelong condition that has an easy preventative, but like everything else we get so wrapped up in life we forget. I truly thought journaling wasn’t a solution for me and just the awareness worked, while awareness is enough the journaling experiences of late have really allowed me to communicate to myself on what I am hoping is a healing level. It’s really got me grasping the concepts of TMS more than just acknowledging that I have this as the cause of my pain, seeing that my mind at the deepest level is behind the pain

I seriously couldn’t understand why my pain still existed since I know TMS exists and causes it. Never did I really know that I needed to communicate to the unconscious. The last relapse of pain I told myself over and over that this is TMS and it will pass, I just never really knew how to talk to my unconscious when addressing my stresses and life pressures. I would go through this forum and look for magic bullets that would get things to sink in, I listened to sarno on audio book when I ran and worked out, I thought I could just listen and read things and it would eventually sink down deep again, I wasn’t doing the work of digging down there or seeing it in the correct perspective, which tells me I wasn’t really grasping what TMS is and how it works

It really wasn’t till last week after watching the sarno lecture series that someone put on YouTube that I figured out the psychology of it. He explains the unconscious and what it means as in you don’t see your unconscious but have to look at things through it’s lense and how the pressures of adulthood will upset and enrage the unconscious because it doesn’t like these responsibilities and the emotions it feels will cause it to feel the need to distract you. This just clicked for me, it made me realize that I’ve never told my unconscious that I understand it’s feelings and why it’s enraged. I guess in the past I just assumed the unconscious was so connected with me consciously that I didn’t really need to talk to it but show it I know it’s there and and ignore the pain... I really thought I could just ignoring the pain not realizing that ignoring it was only causing more rage down there...

Ellen likes this.