1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

White light?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by sarah430, May 28, 2014.

1. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

This past weekend I had a discussion with a fellow runner about the role of the mind in sports injuries. He told a story of injuring his Achilles tendon out of the blue just before a big race. He scrambled around trying different physical treatments but also stumbled upon some information about imagery. This source talked about imagining a white light over your injury. At the race, his Achilles bothered him at first, but he visualized the white light over it and it didn't bother him again the whole race.

Anyway, he couldn't remember the source of this information. Does his sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I have a DVD from a psychotherapist who says that we can relieve stress and anxiety
    by imaging ourself lying on a warm beach with bright sun shining down on us,
    engulfing us. It does sound good.

I would think of the white light being God sending healing light over the hurting part of the body.

3. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

I did a little Google search and apparently a white light is a common imagery for healing. It is appealing and I think I'll look into this further.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I find thinking of white light for healing to be very helpful.