1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Where's Herbie? And what about Tues calls?

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by North Star, Jan 28, 2015.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I haven't seen Herbie AKA Eric Watson around….anyone know what's up with him?

And now that I'm thinking about it…will the Tuesday calls resume? I just realized that I miss hearing his friendly voice in addition to not seeing him around here. :)

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I emailed Herbie about two weeks ago. He says he's still recovering from the loss of close family members and
    worries about his sister's health, although he said she's doing much better.

I've decided to let him take the time he needs to get back to the subforums and not pressure him.
    He definitely is missed. Real nice of you to ask about him.

Forest is real busy with the forums but I'm sure he will start another Tuesday book night soon.

3. North Star

Thanks for the reply, Walt. Poor guy….sounds like he's got enough on his plate right now.

He is one of the treasures of this forum….along with YOU! :)

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're a treasure, too. And that little white fluff of yours.

Herbie will bounce back. He's Mr. Positive.

It's a gray day here in the Chicago burbs. My Annie is napping.

North Star likes this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I've really missed Herbie, too. I'm glad your news, Walt, as I haven't heard from him in a while. I know he cares deeply about TMS, so I'm sure he'll be back eventually. He's such a caring and warm person that the forum isn't quite the same without him.

Sometimes I need to take some time off, too... :)

Regarding the call in group, I'm afraid to say that that project is unfortunately on an indefinite hiatus. All of the TMS work I'm doing is still taking more than full time work, and unfortunately I can't go on like this forever. Partially this means recruiting other people to help on the philosophy that many hands make light work. @Ellen and @Buckeye have already offered to help, and I'm tremendously grateful for that. It's taking a very long time to roll out a volunteering program that I'm calling being an "Easy Moderator," but it's coming together, slowly but surely. (Moderators are people who help run a forum and "Easy" means that the "Easy Moderators" will only have to do tasks that are relatively easy and relaxing.)

However, my schedule has tightened up pretty significantly recently, so it may be a while before we're able to go back to having a regular call in show. I really loved chatting with everyone and occasionally sharing a cocktail, but it took a long time to organize and there are so many other projects that I want to work on to push the nonprofit forward.

I brought up the time issue with the regular callers in the call-in group and while they really wanted to continue it, they understood:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/the-future-of-our-call-in-events.6154/
    I asked for volunteers to help with the workload, but no one came forward. Further, whereas the forum servers hundreds of people every week, the call in group only served a handful.

We had some really tremendous talks near the end (and throughout!) and I started leaning toward a non-recorded format. I really wanted to continue, but recently my schedule has tightened up (as schedules sometimes do) and a decision had to be made.

It will be hard to let it go, as I really will miss the people, but we can always start it back up later when the community grows to the point where it can support something like that.

North Star likes this.
  6. North Star

I totally understand, Forest. Every time I think about raising my hand to volunteer a new blizzard blows through my life. But eventually, I would like to jump into the fray and help with something. Just too much going on right now with my family.

So…no worries! I'm learning to trust that things unfold as they should and in the right time.