1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Where in the body we feel our emotions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BloodMoon, Aug 27, 2018.

1. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Kevin Barry and Snowman like this.
  2. rain

rain New Member

Very interesting how love and happiness show up everywhere.

Kevin Barry, Lizzy and BloodMoon like this.
  3. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

This is interesting. I'm estranged from my parents and when I heard last December my dad has heart and kidney failure, I was aware of the feeling of dread because I probably will have to deal with the situation with my mom and make some decisions about future interaction with her. At the same time my big toe started cramping. I knew it was TMS. After awhile it only hurt if bent forward or backward more than just normal movement. I heard he was doing really poorly and for about a week it was bad, then back to just the over bending. He's apparently rallied because he's been doing some traveling. So its sort of in limbo.

I read the article and saw that anger is felt in the feet. Anger is probably more accurate than dread.

I will have to look into this. Thanks!

Lizzy

4. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lizzy,

I can empathise with the dread and anger that you've felt recently about the current situation with your parents. I was estranged from my parents for over 6 years and often wish that I had never agreed to associate with them again. (You'll be able see what I said about my childhood with my father in my reply to your recent comment in my thread about the possibility of boredom/restlessness causing TMS...and my relationship with my mother was also very difficult too.) I now feel kind of trapped with having to be involved with my parents more than I can really tolerate as my 86 year old mum's got dementia and my 91 year old dad needs a lot of practical and moral support in dealing with her and her affairs. My TMS has got worse in recent months because I'm having to associate with my dad more and more as my mum's condition deteriorates...and the pain in my body has increased in the areas of the body associated with anxiety. I too therefore think that the atlas of where we feel emotions is very interesting. I wish they had included more emotions in their research study; I'd be interested as to where 'resentment' lies in and affects the body.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Lizzy likes this.