1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Where I Am Now

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BamBam, Mar 1, 2016.

1. BamBam

BamBam New Member

After starting the SEP program in September and stopping after day 10, I've decided to restart. I feel like I've made a lot of progress. Three months ago I was living in a very unhealthy living situation with friends and experiencing constant neck and back tension. I've since moved into my own apartment and for the most part don't have much neck or back pain. What I have been experiencing is migraines about every three weeks. I'm not sure if this is symptom substitution or if it's caused by the wisdom teeth I need to have removed. I'm 34 and I've had 2 removed when I was younger and I found out recently that I have 5(!) remaining. I have an appointment next Monday to have them all removed so we'll see if that changes things. Still, I do 100% accept that TMS is real and so I figure doing the SEP will be beneficial regardless. The trick for me is being gentle with myself, not biting off more than I can chew or pressuring myself to always be productive. The migraines seem to come when I get busy and try to accomplish more than I should. I try to maintain some sort of healing growth project, whether it's practicing music, meditating, exercising, TMS work etc. I think I need to be okay with not doing so much all the time. Just being idle is ok. I've also been working on being more responsible with my finances. Paying off bills on time and making payments on larger debts that have loomed over my head for awhile. It feels good to start taking care of that stuff instead of just pushing it to the back burner all the time.

Stella likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You are getting good control of your life and that helps a lot in being healthy and not having the migraines. You probably still have some emotional stresses that are causing the migraines. The SEProgram will help you to discover them I found journaling to be the most helpful. I came to realize I had been repressing harmful emotions going back to my parents divorcing when I was seven.

I doubt that your migraines are related to your dental problems, unless you fear having the teeth removed. I had my upper teeth removed years ago and love the plate and have not had a toothache in 50 years.