1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Where I am in my TMS journey

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lattelyric, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Lattelyric

Lattelyric New Member

I am still in the learning stage of my TMS journey. I have logically accepted it. It definitely makes sense and the things I have read about it reads like my biography. I guess I am having trouble believing it when I my brain takes over and the logical facts are a mere whisper. It just can’t stand up to the onslaught of emotions and obsessive thoughts.

I feel like I have hit a wall. My defense mechanisms are alive and fighting back hard. I want to get into the emotions and that are under all the defense mechanisms, but I can’t seem to get past them.

I haven’t had an easy time emotionally and the thought of getting to those emotions and what they will bring is scary. It is out of control. And I have had enough of out of control emotions. But I press on.

2. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

You are definitely in the earlier half. You’ve got some awareness around the situation being dysfunctional.

Look at your grammatical error. Is the brain you or not?

Sounds unbelievably familiar. Continue the path of self discovery. What you are and what your aren’t. Know the emotions will come out more fierce than ever, but their power is an illusion. Just observe. Things will get better. Recognize the reality is that NOTHING is wrong. Importance and attention is going to the wrong places.

3. Lattelyric

Lattelyric New Member

Thanks for the encouragement!