1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Where can I find Boulder Alan Gordon pain study?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Joey2276, Sep 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Joey2276

Joey2276 Peer Supporter

I've been scouring the internet and cannot find this study; the one with 50 people where 49 were improved and 66% dramatically from "The Way Out" , which I just finished, excellent book. I want to see the details of the study and share it with some people who have TMS symptoms but are skeptical. Can anyone point me to it?

Many Thanks

Joseph

2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Have the same question. I also have the book. He gives some information in the book but you'd like to know more. Wonder if it's worth reaching out directly to him or his team.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Joey and Hawaii50, it's not available now, but it should be available in a couple of months. My understanding is that the article has been accepted by a research journal and should be published in the next several months. Unfortunately, the way that publishing works for medical journals, the journal reserves the right to "break the story" in that they can't reveal where it will be published until the the day it is actually published.

Another challenge is that the article will be the property of the medical journal, so it may be for paying subscribers only. Through my employer, I do have access to medical journals, though. We can't post copies online, but if someone would be willing to write up a summary of the article, I could get them a copy of the original. Then everyone on the internet would have access to the summary.

TG957 and hawaii_five0 like this.
  4. Joey2276

Joey2276 Peer Supporter

Thx for the reply 5-0; anyone else? It was in Colorado, pain reprocessing

Hey Forest awesome thanks for the reply that all makes sense. 5-0 thanks for the reply.

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  5. hawaii_five0

Thanks Forest and Joey. Good point, they probably can't/won't release any detailed info until the results are published if it is going to a journal.

The only other tidbits of info I have are that in his book he says there were actually 45 patients (see footnote to page 17) because 5 dropped out before being given a medical evaluation by Dr. Schubiner, and secondly on the Amazon description of the book it says "What's more, these dramatic changes held up over time". So that's a good thing.

6. Forest

Attached Files:

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  7. hawaii_five0

Forest: thanks a lot.

Very compelling and encouraging! Great to see a peer-reviewed article with such results.

"PRT yielded large reductions in back pain intensity relative to placebo and usual care control conditions in a community sample, with nearly two-thirds of randomized patients and 73% of those initiating PRT reporting they were pain-free or
    nearly pain-free at posttreatment. Large effects of PRT on pain continued at 1-year follow-up."

Forest likes this.
  8. Joey2276

Joey2276 Peer Supporter

Thanks Forest; I got a link from the Pain Psychology Center and checked it out before seeing you posted it; fantastic results! Really a shame this isnt on the news or anything considering the millions with back pain out there.

9. Forest