1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

When pain moves

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leslie0766, Jul 31, 2015.

1. leslie0766

leslie0766 Peer Supporter

Holy Cow! I have had a burning mouth for two years. Just recently started to significantly decrease due to hard work on my issues and meditation. Well...about a week ago I started to have neck and shoulder pain. I reassured myself not to worry as it was just my mind up to its tricks, and it subsiding. Well, I now have awful sciatic and pelvic pain. This is crazy. I ran yesterday to show it who is boss. Now I'm sore on top of the pain but I will not relent! I'm just amazed how the brain works! Blessings!

Grateful17 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Leslie. Wonderful! You talked to your subconscious and told it you were going to run and ignore it.
    That's how Steve Ozanich says he healed, in his great book, THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION.
    He was in pain but ignored it while playing golf. He discovered the anger that caused his pain.

I find it helped to journal and think about the causes of my back pain, but when I began believing
    10o percent in TMS the pain went away. It comes back when I'm emotionally stressed, but hey,
    aren't we all? I find great relief from anxiety when I practice deep breathing and am positive.

CRICH likes this.
  3. leslie0766

leslie0766 Peer Supporter

Walt you are so right. It does flare up when stressed. Sort of amazing. I'm certainly not asking to be pain free, but it does feel good to feel good.

As many, I come from a difficult family. I was never taught how to deal with stress and anxiety and the more I encountered it, the worse I felt. Now, I'm learning I don't have to take care of everyone else and that I have neglected myself. I believe God put me here to help others but also to live and enjoy my life.

I ran today. Not far and not fast, but I did it and it felt pretty darn good.

I hope you are great Walt!