1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

When nothing works...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Beckerd67, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Beckerd67

Beckerd67 Newcomer

Hi everyone. I had another account on here but just opened up a new one because I didn’t have my login info.

I’ve been on the forum since 2013. I can’t believe I’ve been in pain this long. There have been good times, but I have to take it easy. When I try to push through the pain it only gets worse and lasts longer. I’m afraid I will go crazy from the agony to be honest with you.

Last night was a blur of agony. I went on a day trip to DC a couple days ago and pushed through the pain so I could enjoy myself. I relaxed the next day on pain relievers and yesterday just went to my parents for dinner. I couldn’t believe how bad my back was bothering me. I thought I’d feel better when I got home. Instead when I lied down it got worse. And then the more focused on it the worse I got. I then figured I would do whatever I could to dull it.

These things worked enough so that the pain was manageable. Then I took a sedative to go to sleep. I didn’t know when I was with my parents that that was how my night was going to be.

My fiancée has chronic back pain too and she was with me on DC. So we are both miserable. We are doing the best we can to take care of each other but it is very hard. It seems like the whole world is against us.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Becker - I PM'd you - I think (I'm sure, actually) that I know who you are/were and if I'm right, you can get back in to that account. Then you can re-post this, and then let's see what we can all do.

Welcome back - it looks like it's been almost two years!