1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 When did I last exercise?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, Jan 5, 2018.

1. birder

birder Well known member

I walked my dog this morning. It was another one of those walks where my ankle hurt at the start. Every five or six steps, I stopped and wiggled my foot around, trying to release this stiffness and stop limping. By the time I'd reached the spot where I planned to turn around, I felt pretty loose, and did the whole circuit (ten blocks). I threw in a little easy, easy jogging (more like a fast shuffle) just to prove to my body that I could. It's been years since I did any running.
    Some of these reading assignments are LONG (Ms. Short Attention Span here) or formatted in such a way that I can barely read them, and yet as I muddle through, I find myself saying, "Omigosh, that's ME!" Perfectionistic, driven to achieve, compulsive, the "good" girl. Fearful of rejection, and now in the middle of the ultimate rejection, divorce after 26 years. As I recognize myself in the writings and embrace the diagnosis, I'm having attacks of anxiety that hit out of the blue - my heart races, my breathing quickens. I can't hide behind my body any longer. It's rough, but every once in a while I get a glimpse of my future, and that keeps me going.

Lizzy and JanAtheCPA like this.