1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What's these scariest symptom you had that was TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by learningmore, Feb 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

Simply curious.

2. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

Healthy and in my 30s I couldn’t straighten my back for 2 weeks. Felt pain worse than I knew existed. Couldn’t move. Slept on concrete in agony. Was the symptom imperative.

TG957 likes this.
  3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Neuropathy and not being able to use my hands due to the severe contraction of tendons in fingers and wrists. Pain was nothing compared to that. All gone.

4. Camille417

Camille417 Newcomer

I was diagnosed with levator ani syndrome and I found out that it’s TMS. I’m still working on it but the pain when it comes on is so bad that I had pretty much healed myself from anxiety/panic disorder about six months ago(had it for 27 yrs) but nearly had a panic attack when it suddenly came on again after I thought I had it under control.

5. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Great question!

Let’s see: I had back and neck pain, sciatica in both legs, pain in both knees, muscles spasms that dropped me to the ground, shoulder, arm, and hand pain, gastritis, eye pain, but the one that scared me most was waking up to numb arms and hands.

That really scared me because all those other symptoms were restricting my level of daily activity as a husband and father of two toddlers, but the prospect of losing the ability to use my hands permanently was quite scary.

6. CarlPanzram

CarlPanzram New Member

Tachycardia and pain and other symptoms that mimicked viral meningitis. Also waking up unable to breathe.

7. Allund

Allund Peer Supporter