1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17 What's most helpful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Apr 7, 2021.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

Before I get into what's helpful; I want to share the following. It's been eighteen days of weeping, so much weeping, and there is no change in my symptoms. What I sense is a slow allowance in permission to feeling my feelings, and being able to observe the terror inside of me, and be able to notice it. Is this progress? Or if my symptoms don't go down automatically does that mean I'm doing something wrong?

I am also seeing in myself a slow- very slow, 'talk back'. I've been so used to being beaten down by myself, feeling hopeless and discouraged etc. I still am, but now I;m starting to talk back. In fact, today I made a list of affirmations to say to myself at the top of every hour to keep convincing me of the truth.
    So is the unrepressing but not automatic physical change normal?

Anyway, what I find most helpful is the community. Going through this would be an even more painful experience if I felt alone, and everytime someone comments, encourages, or anything, I feel a little lighter, a little less alone, and that is worth more than gold.

TrustIt likes this.