1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What's keeping me from healing...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by alexandra, Apr 18, 2014.

1. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

I know why I've been stuck. Ive resumed daily activities including an hour of hill walking per day and I do believe it's all TMS I am suffering from however I have not journaled or looked into my repressed emotions and figured out my daily stresses and tension. I haven't stopped obsessing about the pain. I check my progress or set backs. I am still afraid when the pain gets past 5 out of 10 , it's too scary! I have also not been trying to relax to balance out my nervouse system after a day of activities. I am not loving myself enought. It's time to take my healing up a few notches!!! Any suggestions on what has worked with your TMS healing? :) :) thank you.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Alexandra, I suggest journaling to discover your repressed emotions and to learn more about your personality, whether you are
    a perfectionist, want everyone to approve of and love you, etc.

It's great that you are hill walking an hour a day despite any pain. Steve Ozanich says physical activity helped him heal from
    many symptoms.

Try not to gauge the pain. Focusing on it only makes the pain stronger. Take your mind off the pain by distracting it.
    Do things you like, think thoughts that relax you or make you feel good.

Be sure to get into the habit of breathing deeply. It is one of the best things you can do to relieve worry and stress.

And love yourself more. Think about the good you've done for others. It will give you a better image of yourself.

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

I am posting this one often, but that is because it is so powerful:
    Repeat to yourself for 1 or 2 minutes, a couple of times a day: "I accept myself, I appreciate myself, I love myself".

4. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

I've started journaling and made a conscious decision to work on the emotional aspects of TMS healing but the nerve pain and back, hips and legs pain it horrible. Much worse for no reason! I wish TMS attacked my muscles instead of nerves because nerve symptoms are very scary :( I haven't even found anyone on this site that has recovered from neuropathy symptoms or just nerve pain like I have...it's discouraging to say the least but I'm not giving up my fight for healing. Sometime I'd rather be terminally Ill than suffer on going pain I'm sorry to say.