1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 20 What would I change

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shells, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Shells

Shells Peer Supporter

I would not be afraid of pain. It would not control my mood, desire to do things, ability to do things. I would be free and able to relax and have fun. I would be able to exercise often like I used to.

I can read another of Sarno's books. I can make a daily reminder list and put it where I see it often. I can go for more walks. I can continue to meditate and deep breathe. I can continue to do this SEP. I can limit my "research" and other ocd like behaviors as a test to see if they are triggers.

douggie and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shells. Those are all good things to set your mind to having. Be patient and confident in going through the SEProgram. Maybe make a list of the things you are grateful for.

I'm not grateful for the headache I have right now, but will just do more deep breathing and tell myself it is TMS again, from the morning's stresses. They too shall pass.

Shells likes this.
  3. Shells

Shells Peer Supporter

Hopefully it passed
    4 friends and I have had a daily gratitude list for several years. It helps us all stay accountable to it. 10 things. Sometimes one of us will flake off for a bit but ultimately return to it. Sometimes we will only have 4 or 6 things. It's been nice.