1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What would be life without TMS me to me?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Freesoul, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Freesoul

Freesoul New Member

To be frank, I don't remember a life without TMS as its been 8 years I am suffering from TMS. After reading Dr Sarno's book, I am happy to say that my back pain has reduced by 75%. However, slight discomfort is always there, along with few surprising late-night stomach aches which tend to come and go.

But if at all I have to imagine a life..it will be the same to a normal life of all the normal people around me and yet indeed profoundly amazing as I would know the importance of having it.
    Before reading dr. Sarno's book when I use to have substantial pain I observed people around me and thought how lucky they were. They never had the physical hindrance which was there in my daily life. How more efficient I would have been if I could have been 100% painless.
    So, now I know that I will make my TMS free life's every minute worth. So on a positive note, though unfortunate, TMS might prove to be a blessing in disguise on a longer run, if I ever get free of it.

2. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

It sounds like a life of gratitude, which is a large part of TMS healing. Gratitude for the smallest things - like being able to grocery shop, walk in the park, or go up a flight of stairs without obsessing about pain. When I was at my worst, pushing a cart through the grocery store was excruciating. While shopping, I often offer a silent prayer of thanks that's no longer part of my life. Being "normal" like you said. Best wishes on your healing journey!

3. Freesoul

Freesoul New Member

Yes, Gratitude it is!
    Thank you for your wishes:)