1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 What would a life without TMS mean to me?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by saltyessentials, Oct 22, 2014.

1. saltyessentials

saltyessentials New Member

Dan here. What pops into my head with this question is the idea of having a fuller, freer emotional life. I'm recognizing how repressing so much negative emotion has limited my experience with positive emotion, as well, and I'm looking forward to freeing up my feeling life. w00t!

Judith likes this.
  2. AndrewThomson

AndrewThomson New Member

Hi Dan,

Its great that this is what comes to mind. Most people (myself included) would probably think "being able to do the things I like without pain or discomfort". I am no expert but it seems to me that you are already thinking psychologically. And you are right in my opinion. When I started this journey it was all about stopping the pain. That is still a very important aspect, but so too is understanding and dealing with the emotional issues. Still a long way to go in both. Well done.

A

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve Ozanich, mentor for so many of us, as is Dr. Sarno, says that healing should not be the main aim of TMS.
    That should be understanding ourselves better and achieving a happier, wiser life. It's a journey, not a finish line.