1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 What would a life without TMS mean to me?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lz123, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Lz123

Lz123 Peer Supporter

I'd feel like a great burden would be lifted from my shoulders. As it stands, I can't do the job I want to do, I feel limited in my activities despite generally increasing them, I feel limited in jobs I can do and sometimes, but less lately, I feel worried about my future.

That said, I can't imagine my life without having some huge problem to worry over. I've always had something I've obsessed about, whether it's my looks when I was younger, to my health, finances, relationships. I can't imagine being happy and content. There always seems to be some huge, seemingly unfixable problem in my life.

I feel like I'm fairly open to TMS, but my pain just feels physical. It's very consistent. It acts as it should and I get pain when I expect it to. It's easy to just write this off as conditioning, but It doesn't feel like it.

My pain started two years ago, and I can only imagine where I'd be if not for it. I'd probably have the job I want (programmer), I'd probably have moved out from my mother and Into a different city and I'd probably just feel better about my self. I think the issue might be that, without a good job, I kinda feel like a loser. I think I have a gaping hole in my self-esteem which I tried patching from the outside - in. I feel like that's the root of the issue.

2. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Yo I feel the same way about being a loser with a crap job. Do you have RSI?

3. Lz123

Lz123 Peer Supporter

Yeah, first it was ulnar nerve pain and then on top of that I got tennis elbow..in both arms. The ulnar thing I could push through, but the elbow pain just gets too strong.