1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tallthinguy, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Tallthinguy

Tallthinguy Newcomer

The doctor told me that for a guy my age that I had severe arthritic changes in my neck with degenerative disc disease. When he told me last year I felt I would have to live the rest of my days in pain. I felt hopeless.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, most Dr's have not been taught in the field of mind body medicine so our experiences are usually one of fear, rather than understanding, reassurance and compassion.

Just think, that with your new sense of knowledge, understanding and desire to heal, you hold the cards to your well being and recovery. You don't have to live in pain anymore.

Work towards eliminating any doubt in the diagnosis and any fear you may have. Please know that although each steps may seem small, you are making steps towards cultivating wellness.

We, the forum are all cheering for you, may you find healing and be pain free.

3. Tallthinguy

Tallthinguy Newcomer

Thanks for the encouragement.

mike2014 likes this.