1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have y

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Arnie, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Arnie

Arnie New Member

Well it was the neurologist telling me that I got "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome"
    I just couldn't believe it. After 4 surgeries this is the answer modern medicine comes up with.
    But it looks like it is a way out for Doctors. Once they are out of any ideas or surgeries to perform just call it some sort of complex syndrome and prescribe zillions of pills to supposedly treat it. I was prescribed anti-epileptic drug Gabapentin as much as I can take it (up to 3000 mg a day) plus any NSAIDs as much as I can take it and because these pills will destroy my stomach also take Nexium to protect my stomach, go figure!?!

2. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

WOW, when they don't know they give it just a name, and give a lot of medicines (as sweets) to their patients.

I went to the doctor last december for my backpain and I get Tramacet, Diazepam, Diclofenac and Paracetamol 1000 mg. at the same time.
    It didn't work. I got delusions and had suicidal thoughts, and I became afraid of drug intoxication. Then I stopped the medicin.
    After watching the video of dr. John Sarno I could walk again. I believe 100% this is TMS.

I wish you the best with your recovery.

With love, Rozie.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Arnie. I've been reading the news today that doctors are advised now not to prescribe drugs for patients with back ache, that they are called opiads that can be addictive, harmful, and don't relieve the pain anyway.
    I am confident that if you follow the SEProgram, you will discover the emotions you are repressing that are causing the pain.

Here is some encouragement, from a recent post:

"I often get pain in my stomach as a TMS symptom. Last night I felt it coming on after I laid down to sleep. I asked myself what emotions I was feeling, then took several breaths directed at the spot that hurt, and it was gone in minutes! I slept peacefully all night and woke up without any pain. – wife and mother of two young children."

4. Arnie

Arnie New Member

Wow, I thought the neurologist that I saw was bad prescribing pills like lollies.
    No wonder you had delusions. Good thing you stop taking those medications.
    I promised to myself not to take any drugs for my pain whatsoever also for anxiety.
    I find meditation very helpful for anxiety and trying to get some benefit out of it for my pain too.
    Which video of Dr Sarno have you watched?

Cheers

Arnie

RozieHolland likes this.
  5. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

It is the movie: HEALING BACK PAIN THE MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION on DVD.
    You can't find it on the internet. You must buy it, on the web of dr. Sarno.
    For me it was an eyeopener. It took 2.20 hours. It's worth to watch.

When my body feels tense I drink a cup of tea extract of the hopplant.
    It relaxes the mucles, and you have a good sleep.

6. Arnie

Arnie New Member

Thanks for the info.

7. Fernando

Fernando Peer Supporter

Hello everybody, newbie posting for the first time here...

After explaining my myriad of symptoms: "... and what do you want me to do?.."

"It´s all in your head"

"The pain pattern you are describing it´s impossible"

Different docs all of them

Really discouraging

Thanks for your support and sorry for my grammar and spelling (English is my second language)