1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What was reaction when you read about TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by leomessi45, Mar 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. leomessi45

leomessi45 Peer Supporter

Its been about three months for me and I'm still in actual amazement. The fact that the mind can take something benign and make it into debilitating pain is just downright amazing and scary to me. Having this knowledge has changed my life in more ways possible.

Idearealist and TG957 like this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Relief. I knew my condition was not incurable.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Awe. It still seems like a miracle to me.

TG957 likes this.
  4. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

Fascination, skepticism, and hope

5. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

Pure ecstasy and joy.

6. evkinsey66

evkinsey66 Newcomer

7. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Hope still can’t believe I accepted headache caused by tension but not other body symptoms. Also why isn’t this out there for everyone.

Even when I had the knowledge and fully accepted TMS I still couldn’t identify I was actually repressing emotions until these last couple of weeks. I was aware of what was stressing me but wasn’t allowing myself to feel it until recently.

It was staring me in the face how I should be expressing myself to me n others but I didn’t I definitely was repressing everything. Whether it will move me forward now who knows but I defo feel better for letting stuff go this week. Thank goodness I can share it with my partner.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  8. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

"OMG, this is me! It makes so much sense, but why isn't this more mainstream?"