enigma
New Member
This question was submitted via our Ask a TMS Therapist program. To submit your question, click here.
Question
What is reccomended to do once a journal has been filled up. Do you throw it away or keep it to refer back to?
Any advice or information provided here does not and is not intended to be and should not be taken to constitute specific professional or psychological advice given to any group or individual. This general advice is provided with the guidance that any person who believes that they may be suffering from any medical, psychological, or mindbody condition should seek professional advice from a qualified, registered/licensed physician and/or psychotherapist who has the opportunity to meet with the patient, take a history, possibly examine the patient, review medical and/or mental health records, and provide specific advice and/or treatment based on their experience diagnosing and treating that condition or range of conditions. No general advice provided here should be taken to replace or in any way contradict advice provided by a qualified, registered/licensed physician and/or psychotherapist who has the opportunity to meet with the patient, take a history, possibly examine the patient, review medical and/or mental health records, and provide specific advice and/or treatment based on their experience diagnosing and treating that condition or range of conditions.
The general advice and information provided in this format is for informational purposes only and cannot serve as a way to screen for, identify, or diagnose depression, anxiety, or other psychological conditions. If you feel you may be suffering from any of these conditions please contact a licensed mental health practitioner for an in-person consultation.
Questions may be edited for brevity and/or readability.
Forest, I didn't think you journaled.I'd be very courious to know what other people do with their old journals. I keep them because, in some cases there was a real sense of discovery associated with them and I'd like to have the option of seeing what I was like way back when.
What do others do?
Oh, yes, I'm a huge journaler and have been since I was 14. I have several boxes of old journals in storage and if you lined them all up, they would take about 4 feet of bookshelf space. I didn't do it as much when my TMS was bad because I didn't have a way to put it in writing. These days I mostly type.Forest, I didn't think you journaled.