1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

What to do on a hard day

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by KevBin, Dec 19, 2016.

1. KevBin

KevBin New Member

Hi everyone. With the winter comming (i'm in Canada so it is pretty much already here ;) ), end of semester in Uni and work quite stressfull at the moment. I'm having issues with pain management. So i would like to know what are your little tips for me on a hard day.

Thanks to everyone in advance and have a great chrismas.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi KevBin,
    It might be helpful to take a few minute break once in awhile. In this break you do what you find soothing. Listen to music. Move a little. Watch some funny Utube clips. Talk to a friend just to say you're thinking of them, and how you appreciate your connection. Mindful breathing: In the nose to 6 counts, out the mouth for 6 counts. It is important to have some basic activities which sooth you, which you can call on throughout the day. I like Austin Powers and Jerry Lewis cuts, for instance, on Utube. I also like attuning to myself in the moment, and speaking this to myself: "You're feeling overwhelmed right now, and this is hard for you." You can hold a pillow to your chest and feel the contact as you say this. Very sweet...
    Andy B

Ellen likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KevinB. I like Andy's advice about having some basic activities that sooth you. I find many of the Youtube
    relaxation music videos to be calming. And the television and movie comedies on Youtube lift my spirits.

If you feel overwhelmed, it is likely because you are not living in the present, but letting the past or future worry you. Journal about those issues for a little each day, but then live in the present moment. Try to enjoy every activity or thought that comes to you as you go about your day and evening.

I hope you and your loved ones have a very happy holiday.