1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What "tms work" has uncovered

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jamejamesjames1, May 31, 2020.

1. jamejamesjames1

jamejamesjames1 Peer Supporter

Many people say they are "doing TMS work" but not as often give examples of what happens to them personally.

Success stories are often... I had this pain, I did all these things that didn't work, I learned about tms, did tms work, now I feel great!

I know what tms work is for each person is unique but I think in going to expand on some of the specific issues I've uncovered for me so far.

Maybe it'll help show others like me more concrete examples of I can reread when I gave setbacks!

The big ones so far...
    1. I rush through everything in life. Work, chores, personal projects, eating, talking, ANYTHING! Good or bad I rush. This outs pressure on me, I don't fully enjoy good things, and it's very hard to relax as I feel I need to keep moving "or else...?"
    2. Most of my thoughts are projections into the future. Often simply of things later in the day, but still the future.
    3. Have high expectations of every situation and get annoyed when it doesn't pan out. Even really dumb stuff like "my kids want to swing but I want them to go on a wagon ride!"
    4. Judge many activities and then don't fully enjoy them. It's usually things I would otherwise like, but I imagine someone else judging them as being "stupid, lane, pointless, nerdy, in masculine, etc" and then I don't want to be labeled as that so I don't fully engage.
    5. Am physically tense all over. My body focus shifts to my pain but all muscles are always tense... Jaw, face, shoulder, arms, legs, abs. My breathing is habitually fast and in my chest. As a runner I have a deep king capacity but only ever use it when running I guess.

I'm sure there are more to come but it's a process. I haven't yet figured out what to actually do about them yet, but I suppose awareness us the first step.

Kittyruns likes this.