1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 What part of the program has been most helpful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by c90danwaiel, Nov 4, 2016.

1. c90danwaiel

c90danwaiel Peer Supporter

What part of this program do you find the most helpful? If you feel comfortable sharing, then post your response in a thread in ourStructured Program forum. We would love to hear from you.

I find the readings very helpful. It’s great to look at things from different perspectives or get helpful clues on how to deal with TMS and all its complexities. The journaling is great too, although sometimes I end up doing it in a different form than it’s structured to call for, when I feel like I need to get something out in a different way. And I think that’s okay :) as the authors of the SEP would probably agree.

Overall, I’m still doing great. I had a few days where the pain was slightly worse (still not horrible like it was before), but that was very likely due to a high spike in stress (family stuff, politics, work) over a few days and lack of sleep, which I’m now mostly recovered from. Taking those factors into account, my pain was much lower in that situation than it would've been before.

My foot pain disappeared too! It just disappeared altogether two days ago. Just prior to that, it was acting up and was really at its worst. So the new type of TMS pain that appeared right after I first learned about it is now gone. All I have is my residual pelvic pain, which is just annoying at this point, nothing too horrible.

I still have every bit of confidence that I'll beat this. It's only a matter of time! (and continued introspective work and patience).

Shells and jaumeb like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dan, You seem to have a very positive belief in TMS causing your pains, and that's what it takes to heal. Your foot pain has gone away and soon so too will your pelvic pain. If in journaling you find that you have been repressing emotions regarding people, try putting yourself in their shoes. You will understand them better and probably realize they have/had their own TMS pain and not intentionally mean to cause you to have problems with them.