1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What it Takes to Heal

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

"Start small and think big."
    A step in and of itself is not much of a thing, but enough steps together can take you far indeed. Wanting success instantly is just going to slow you down.
    Wanting something immediately without bothering to plan and develop your strategy is like feeling that great musicians who have practiced for thousands of hours are just 'lucky'.
    We have to keep a realistic approach to how to take the steps for recovery to occur. Often we get up-set because our work hasn't come to fruition.
    If you really want the successes: Then the work, planning, and commitment have to be successes too.
    Like you have done all. Put every ounce of your heart into your protocol and you will succeed.
    Remember when you devise a plan to build anything, you take 1 step at a time till you have the complete building together -- its the same way in knowledge therapy.
    Then you will have your map to achievement.
    Self-motivation is the fuel, but planning with desire and faith knowing the end result is obtainable is how we arrive at the finish line.
    Bless You

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You and I took one step at a time which led to one chapter of our book at a time
    and that has led to it being finished and printed. Twenty chapters full of our TMS journeys to healing.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thats right pal. What it takes to heal is what it takes to accomplish almost anything. A strategy.:)

4. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

As a busy college student, I really suck at planning ahead and this makes me make more mistakes and burn out more than my peers. It sucks when being bad at what you need to deal with life just makes TMS worse despite your efforts. I think I might have ADD but I'm not sure about whether it might be a TMS equivalent, because there are people who go to therapy, take the meds, and do the work but sometimes it doesn't cut it and they still forget to speak up, forget things, get distracted, still struggle to take care of themselves, end up in bad habits and situations. It's also hard to deal with TMS without realizing what caused your flare. How do you deal with executive dysfunction that precedes the pain? I know I also need to be kind to myself but I don't want to be stuck with limitations I don't want. I don't want my hard work to go to waste because of how I'm using my mind and body. How do I get good at planning ahead and staying on the ball? If the little things are occupying my attention, how can I deal with the big things? A lot of people with these symptoms are giving up and resigning themselves to their circumstances, but I won't be satisfied taking that medical mill or victim route. But having a second opinion would be a better investment in my future, right?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022