1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 22 What I'm finding helpful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Janine28, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Question to Ponder: What part of this program do you find the most helpful?

Certainly the acknowledgement and release of emotions. Also feeling the direct connection between my physical pain and my emotional pain. I still find myself trying to “figure things out,” trying to find ways to cope with sadness, loss, frustration and anger. To wish it all away. This program helps me face the toughest parts of life and loss directly. It is not easy, but I know it is really truly the only way to heal, and to be human.

~Janine

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Janine.

You are doing it right. Dealing with sadness, loss, frustration, anger are all part of healing. We have to learn to take the bad with the good, and
    TMS knowledge and the SEProgram help us to do that. It really is great to know so many people are working on the same life problems.
    I try to live in the present, even when it has problems, but am also an optimist and tell myself the best is yet to come. And I'm 85 !

Janine28 likes this.
  3. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt. I also meant to say that I find this community to be incredible and incredibly helpful! I'm amazed at the level of support and connection so many offer each other. Thanks for your thoughtful and encouraging words. I've always felt like an optimist, but life events over the past few years have got me a bit down. It's beautiful to see that you tell yourself the best is yet to come. You're very inspiring! Thanks so much:)