1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What if I don't accept what's gone on in my life?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Crissyxox, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

In my work today (day 15), the suggestion was to try to accept that the issue happened in your life and move on. I can do that for a lot of things however, the big current issue I am still working through. I can't accept that it's happened which is why I'm Making life changes to change things so they will be better. Sometimes, you can't make someone else be better and their behaviour is abusive. How can I accept that that is happening? It's all too painful right now to simply move on. I think it works with childhood issues etc but not in my case right now....any thoughts?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Crussy. I can't really comment without knowing the details. You're having relationship problems with someone who is abusive, and I can suggest that you journal about them. Maybe even write that person a letter, letting it all out, and then tear up the letter.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Crissyxox,

Don't worry too much about "doing this particular Day's suggestion just right" so that you can cure the TMS. It is a process. The prompts are suggestions, so that you see more in your life. Which it sounds like you are.

This seems quite appropriate. You are taking care of business in your life that needs to be attended to in order to have clearer relationships. Or self care. Sometimes Not accepting is appropriate!

Acceptance comes easier when we really take care of our needs and desires.

Andy B.

Laughalot likes this.
  4. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Thanks Andy. You made that really make sense to me.

Laughalot likes this.
  5. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt. I actually did that yesterday. Great suggestion!

Laughalot likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Crissy. I'm glad my suggestion about writing a letter helped. Sometimes, we just can't get the ear of a person or it is too stressful to try to get them to understand us. A letter written, then unsent, helps us to communicate. Your efforts are going to pay off!