1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

What emotions come up?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by OnTheRoad, Dec 28, 2016.

1. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

The question in the Structured Education Program for today was, what emotions keep coming up when you're journalling, and do you want to share? Sure. Guilt. Shame. Anger. No surprises there! Sorrow comes up too, usually after anger. I wonder if anger is hiding sorrow, if sorrow is the basis of anger. Anyway, it is all revealing and led me to Google "what are emotions" and find out that theories I'd learned explaining them have changed, there are many theories. Of course I'm curious but head is a trap for me ("over"thinking) so I stopped educating myself about it for now and focused on paying attention to what I feel in my body.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, again, OnTheRoad. I think you have given yourself a list of reasons you have TMS symptoms. If I were you, I would do some serious journaling about each of them: guilt, shame. anger, sorrow. Maybe do one a day, or as long as it takes to feel the emotions for each. That could be work, but very productive effort. Keep us posted about your progress. Be sure to take some time off to have a Happy New Year!

OnTheRoad likes this.