1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

What does your pain feel like?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Celestialstar, Mar 9, 2018.

?

What does your 'pain' feel like?

1. Pain, 24/7. Unrelenting and unquestionable pain.

8.3%
  2. A constant 'presence' of inflammation/mild irritation w/ occasional flares of pain

83.3%
  3. Pain that goes away for a while but then returns

8.3%
  1. Celestialstar

Celestialstar New Member

Curious to know when we use the word 'pain' if we are all experiencing the same thing. This isn't an exhaustive list but curious to know how TMS's define and experience this broadly used term.

For those who are now pain-free supporters, how would you have described your pain when you had it? Did more than one response below work for you BEFORE and AFTER TMS work?

Lynn S likes this.
  2. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

This is an excellent question. I've wondered the same thing.

Welcome to the wiki!

3. EricFeelsThisWay

EricFeelsThisWay Peer Supporter

I'm tempted to say that because pain is a subjective experience, everyone's pain is different. There's always an emotion component to my physical pain, even if I don't want to admit it.

Jules and Lynn S like this.
  4. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

My pain is very tied to emotions. I recognize it, I feel them, and yes, the pain still comes. I've read many comments along the lines of "feel your emotions", and I do and yet this doesn't seem to alleviate the symptoms. I guess it is working for many.

5. Jules

Jules Well known member

My pain can vary. One day it can be sharp and leave me breathless off and on, making me aware its there; the next day it can be minimal with just irritation, but I can still do whatever I want to do, it just is annoying. My breakthrough pain is usually associated with extreme fear and stress about the situation, or anger that has been building. That pain sends me to bed until I have calmed my sympathetic nervous system.

6. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Tense as in constant muscle tension.