1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What do you make of this?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tgirl, Apr 1, 2016.

1. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

As some of you know I have been dealing with a prickly leg skin sensation for a long time. Just recently I have really altered my atitude, been reading self help books, including TMS literature and have actually been feeling calmer and better. My symptoms haven't been as steady. All was going in he right direction.

Well, a few weeks ago I began to develop pelvic pain and spasming- really awful. I experienced this 5 years ago as well, for a few months. It was after a strenuous walk that I felt a strain in that area (around the bladder) and it tormented me for months. After seeing a gynaecologist , having an ultrasound and a lower back MRI, everything was deemed okay. Well it wasn't. I saw a chiropractor for awhile and after months it disappeared. I don't know to be honest, if she helped or the strain just healed itself.

Anyway fast forward to 3 weeks ago (5 years later). I have been clenching my teeth at night and probably all my muscles, including the pelvic ones. I had just increased the amount of weight I have been doing my squats with and I went for a run/ walk in a snowstorm and everything seemed fine, but a day later the twitchy pain came back. No one seems to be able to help me so far. I've seen my doctor and a pelvic physio therapist and I don't find she is helping. As you can see from my description I may have strained the area, but no more than most people would have done, I would think.

I guess I am concerned I will have this forever ( yes, I catastrophize). Do you think this could be TMS?
    Debbie

2. David88

David88 Well known member

All the medical tests came back negative, and physical treatments haven't helped. Those are big clues. TMS can certainly produce those kinds of symptoms.

tgirl likes this.
  3. Sean

Sean New Member

Hi...I think it is TMS as well. My pelvic pain coincided with a lot of cycling, a lot of stress and heavy winter squat routine. If u were experiencing some stress it all adds to (just my opinion) some kind of extreme clenching or tightening as repressed feeling/emotion tries to 'get out' and is contained or diverted. Stay with it!

4. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Sean, I agree with you. For me, it went away before and it will again. I hold stress in my body. I think I strained my pelvic muscles doing all the things I mentioned. Another strange thing is, when I drink wine my symptoms either go away or at the very least lessen. I feel I become more relaxed.

5. Sean

Sean New Member

I like the idea the wine works
    ....I like the rum:)

6. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Wine- rum- it all works.