1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What do you know the MRI came back fine!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by shalya1012, Dec 15, 2015.

1. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Like I mentioned I have strange two legged - glute pain and one side feels like a nerve pain, I feel shaky and uneasy when walking and have spent the past six weeks scared to death I have something horrible. Finally demanded an MRI, I have already had X-ray.blood work, basic nuero exam & ultra sound. It is all negative!! Although my symptoms are 24/7 (but moving location, one side will hurt then the other). Guess this was another TMS trick.
    1. Started at a highly highly stressful time.
    2. Since going to the ER and thinking the worst it has lasted.
    3. Every day waiting for a new test result has been keeping it alive.
    4. I can run three miles and feel fine!

So now I have to accept this is a TMS relapse (as I have had other ailments that were emotionally based).
    Thanks for listening and please please leave me your best advice! i HAVE A 20 HOUR CAR RIDE to DISNEY with my kids next week. I need inspiration!

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

"4. I can run three miles and feel fine!"

That's great. Keep running Shayla!

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Run, Shayla, Run :) sorry, I couldn't resist.

Well done, you. Yay!

Simplicity likes this.
  4. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Lol I will take a good laugh anyway!
    I feel a bit wobbly and off after I run but I assume if I had some insane injury it would hurt during activity.......I assume

5. FredAmir

Don't assume. BELIEVE.

Be the little engine that could. Except keep saying,"I believe I can!"

MWsunin12 likes this.
  6. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

So true. I tried to think of all my emotions today and you know what it is, all fear. I am afraid of my pain, my kids being hurt, me dying, the house burning down and so on. Is it possible I am repressing my fears in life and having pain so I dotn worry constantly about everything I am fearful of?

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Shayla,

I'd say you cannot repress an entire emotion, in the fullest sense of the word because you will always feel fearful, sadness, happiness etc. But you can repress a thought. An emotion could consists of thousands of thoughts.

Alot of Tmsers are constantly delving into their past to find out the single event that led to the causation of their TMS. I'd say, it's more important to identify any traits that could be causing your dis-ease.

Once you've identified these emotions, you can adopt a whole series of techniques to improve your relationship with your emotions and empower yourself (eft, affirmations, mindfulness). A technique which has received alot of coverage on this site is mindfulness; it will give you the ability to be fully aware of your thoughts without passing judgement or reacting. The more often you do this, the less of a hold that emotion will have on you.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    MWsunin12 likes this.
  8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations!beerbuds You deserve a Noble Prize, you've just invented TMS/PSYCHOSOMATIC DIS-EASE--and you're prize is: You're going to DIS-ney Land!

What's interesting to me is that you aren't jumping up and down with joydancea over what I would have taken as FANTASTIC news! You sound disappointed-or your sub-c gremlin does. Maybe it doesn't like the competition it will get from Grumpy, Dopey and Sneezy. I would love to spend twenty hours driving, but I find it meditative and I just drove the green beast in my icon about 700 miles from frisco to the desert, racing the rain down the kali koast. Maybe I enjoyed it because it was just me and not a car full of kids and mates.

My take is that you would LIKE the white coats to have found something structural to take you off the battlefield of your life for a respite from your years of fear and anxiety--TMS affective/emotional equivalents. One of the Good Doctor's anecdotes was about injured soldiers not needing painkillers, or very little in the hospital, due to their great relief from getting away from the stress of war. That it's TMS should be good news for you--but apparently not your sub-c. I would explore this great opportunity to delve into why not? Maybe some sessions with a TMS therapist would be a good idea to explore this conundrum.

G'luck!
    tt/lsmfttiphata

Ellen likes this.
  9. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Haha driving hurts my darn butt and legs. But maybe that is just a conditioned response at this point. But I wont be letting my family down Disney is in my future LOL.
    Its true I was literally disappointed when the MRI came back clean, I wanted something to prove this wasn't psychosomatic & I wasnt crazy.
    I have had other TMS issues, facial pain. burning mouth to name a few. I thought I was past this. But what I think is it is a lifetime battle.
    The thing is this started during an extremely stressful time, I am fully aware of that. But knowing that isnt stopping my issues. Prob cause I keep looking for other answers.................

10. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Seriously, your symptons sound all like ANXIETY and not structural....They didn't find anything in your MRI, that is great news. To be truthful the reason why I don't think I am healing is I WANT and MRI done so that they WON'T find anything wrong and this way I can treat this as TMS...I would be jumping for joy!

11. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

I have no doubt there is a major anxiety factor at play here. I just did a little writing exercise for myself to go over all the stress that was happening when this pain started.
    !. Moving, husband away for work for six weeks, three kids, building a house, everyday stresses, FIL may have cancer just to name a few.
    But I get this all over shakiness everyday and I cant convince myself it isnt something more sinister.

I really thought once I had the MRI I would feel better but it just makes me question maybe it is some crazy systematic disease. It never ends no test will ever make me feel better I just gotta take te leap of faith that it is TMS.

12. Tennis Tom

"I just gotta take the leap of faith that it is TMS."

YUP

13. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

I swear if I saw someone else spewing what was coming out of my mouth I would tell them it was TMS for sure!!!! HArd to prove it to yourself

Tennis Tom likes this.
  14. FredAmir

Be the little engine that could. Except keep saying,"I believe I can!" LOL.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  15. Tennis Tom

See the RAHE-HOLMES list and add up your score, it's the science behind TMS/psychosomatic dis-ease:

THE HOLMES-RAHE STRESS SCALE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale

G'luck!
    tt/lsmft

16. Tennis Tom

Is there anything wrong with being crazy?:confused::wacky:

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Jiddu Krishnamurti

I think Dr. Sarno referred to it as the HUMAN CONDITION.bangheada

17. shalya1012

shalya1012 New Member

Today I tried thinking of what could be upsetting my inner child. I had a thought, I think my inner child is pissed my mom had MS my whole childhood, feel like that left a whole host of things that bothered me but as I grew up I realized it was due to her illness. However a child at twelve yrs old taking care of themselves is something that must leave a mark.
    So i think my obsession with me possibly having some crazy illness steams from that and my feelings that I am a crappy mother so if I were sick that would be my excuse (although I really am not a crappy mother but as a mother you always think you arent doing it right or could do better). I began to try to think this over some more and then I got complete anxiety and brain fog!!!!
    What do I do with this info? When I had mega anxiety today I had no pain either!!!!!!!!

18. Tennis Tom

MS is usually TMS mis-dx'ed. Anxiety is a TMS AFFECTIVE/emotional symp. -- gottta' go or I'll be late for tennis.

19. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Even if an MRI indicates something is structurally wrong, the thing to keep in mind is that it is caused by TMS, a repressed emotion.

Shalya, I think anxiety overrides pain. We can be so focused on anxiety, nothing else has a chance. If feel anxious, I watch a Youtube video called "Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking. " Michael Sealey's soothing voice about deep breathing and living in the present relaxes me right away. I hope you will give it a try.

You are very likely a lot better mother than you credit yourself. And don't worry that you will get MS, like your mother. It isn't something that you catch, like a cold if someone sneezes your way. Think more positive, that you will be, and in fact, are fine.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  20. FredAmir