1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 42 What did I learn about myself?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lars, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Lars

Lars New Member

Today is the last day of the program. I learned so much from this program. This program made me start journaling dedicated for the first time. I learned so much about myself, about my personality traits and stressors in my life.

Compared to 1 year ago the pain in my neck and back has decreased by 80%. Very often I have no pain at all.
    I also feel less tired, I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and start to get stronger.
    I still have pain in my groin region often, I am sure it is TMS. My brain still tries to distract me and wants to convince me that the pain is caused by an inguinal hernia surgery I had in the past. I still have some work to do at this part. To convince myself that I am 100% okay. The next step I will order the book unlearn your pain, I hope I can convince myself 100% that all my pain is caused by TMS.

Best wishes

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lars,

Congratulations on your completion of the SEP. I love hearing your growth and your reduction in symptoms. I hope your post inspires others to do this program.

I think you'll like Unlearn Your Pain. It is like 'therapy in a box' as far as in-depth inquiry into your past and personality.

I get that you want a deeper learning and confidence that there is no physical cause, that you desire that this learning goes deeper. I suggest that if you simply accept that this is where your learning is right now --and therefore there are some symptoms, this may be the best way to give yourself space for the deeper learning to happen. I trust that as you continue to educate yourself, even by reading Sarno or reading success stories this confidence will grow in time.

For instance, I like this video series interview with Dr. Sarno, as basic reminding/learning. Have gentle confidence!

Andy

Lars likes this.
  3. cool_change

cool_change New Member

Congrats @Lars! That's an awesome accomplishment :)

It sounds like you've made some real insights along the way, I think for many of us it's a continual process of deepening our learning and reminding our minds and bodies of this new information about TMS and ways of seeing pain. We've all probably had *years* of thinking to undo! Hope you're celebrating finished the program and your success so far.

Lars likes this.